Want a Free One Year Membership to Project Create? Help Project Create Find A Logo!
***Update (2/13/2012): Due to feedback from you awesome readers, Project Create has updated some of the guidelines for this event – all of which has made it better! Remember, volunteering is COOL. Stay creative!
Well friends, I know I have willingly taken it upon myself to do much of this journey on my own. However, I have recently discovered that I know absolutely nothing about designing a logo or even what computer programs I would need to do so.
Because Project Create intends to encourage creativity, I figured out how to accomplish this task: asking for help!!! Project Create is now holding its first volunteering drive and is looking for artists who want to be creative because they just plain love to be creative (professionals, newbies, and hobby bobbies like myself) to come up with suggestions for our logo.
Why is this even more awesome then it first seems? Well, first of all anybody who decides to help gets to do something awesome: PARTICIPATE IN ART!!! Because that is the only purpose of Project Create, this will be our first success! Second, Project Create will actually use one of your designs as the official logo for the company!
Please understand that at this time, Project Create cannot offer monetary compensation. However, this request for help is based on the idea that volunteering and donating is AWESOME and has inherent value. Please only participate in this contest if you are willing to do something valuable for the benefit of others (think of all the students and children that will get to create art for FREE!!!). Also, we can sweeten the pot with one free year membership to use all of Project Create’s resources if your design is chosen. That is pretty dang sweet.
So here is what Project Create is asking from all of you FANTASTIC VOLUNTEERS:
- Create an original logo design for Project Create. Our specs are as follows: Our name is Project Create. We would like those words, or the letters “PC”, used. Anything else you can come up with is GREAT. Remember, Project Create exists to make more people creative just for the sake of being creative – so go wild with this! Art should be fun, so have fun!!!
- You may make multiple submissions.
- Read this disclaimer.
- Submit your design either as an image in the comments section or in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please use jpeg).
- Project Create will post your submission on its blog and give you full credit for your design (meaning some sweet advertising space for your skills!). Please include any information you want posted with your submission (i.e. name, email, website, etc.).
- Submission deadline is Friday, February 17th by 5:00 pm (CST).
- Rejoice, because you just did something for the greater good!
- Project Create will have a public poll to help decide which logo to use (yay for more art participation!). Project Create will contact the designers of the top 5 designs with the most votes and communicate with those designers to further elaborate on our needs. Those designers will be given time to resubmit a logo.
- Project Create will hold another poll from among the top 5 and choose the top 2. Once again, Project Create will collaborate with the top 2 designers. The top 2 may resubmit a logo.
- Project Create will choose from among the top 2 and announce the new logo!!!
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask (and check the FAQ section below). I hope you are as excited about this opportunity as I am. Please send this along to anyone you know who would be interested.
Thanks for your help!
What is Project Create looking for in a logo?
- Great question. We want something recognizable and accessible to all ages. A symbol is preferable, along with the use of the words “Project Create” and/or “PC”. Colors are neat, and you should be cognizant of the fact that we are located in New Orleans (but that doesn’t mean obvious colors will make you a winner). Other than that, we are open to anything you can come up with!
Can I submit a portfolio of previous work in lieu of creating a new design?
- While Project Create would love to look at your previous work, we are really looking for new creative efforts for our logo. If you are concerned about producing unneccessary work, then I suggest you take a look through this blog’s posts. Project Create doesn’t consider any time spent being creative as a waste. Consider this an exercise in creating art because you want to – not because you have to!
Is there compensation for submitted artwork?
- Yes. Primarily, you can count the satisfaction of being a part of something important as amazing compensation. But also, the one year membership for the chosen design is probably even better. Classes, supplies, and studio space for a year!!!
Then why would I submit my work?
- Why not??? Regardless of results, submitting your work to Project Create is a chance to expose more people to your art. Moreover, donating you efforts to a charity feels great. Even more moreover, why not be creative with a purpose?
What about copyrights?
- Did you read the disclaimer? I know it’s a lot of legal mumbo jumbo, but it is important. By submitting a logo in this contest, you are transferring the copyrights to Project Create. Project Create will have the right to use your logo as its own. But that isn’t a bad thing. It means your art will go everywhere Project Create does! (Imagine the possibilities…)